Expression.

We all have our ways. This is just one of mine.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Man cannot live on bread alone

        I've decided to make the topic of my blogs to change weekly. Hopefully it'll keep things a bit more interesting.

       What better way to start off a personal blog than to talk about me!? *I know, pretty much anything*

So here goes:

       I am currently a student attending the CIA (the Culinary Institute of America). I'm majoring in Baking and Pastry. Why Baking and not Culinary? Well, I love baking breads. There's just something about bread that draws me to it. The smell of the yeast fermenting, the feel of the dough when shaping, the way it just comes to life in the oven, and obviously, the taste: a few minutes out of the oven, nice crust, warm, soft insides, nothing can beat it. My favorite is sour dough. Spread some goat cheese on it and I’m in Heaven! My goal is to open my own cafe one day and I want to take these freshly baked breads in my cafe and turn them into sandwiches. Nothing could compare to a sandwich made with fresh bread.

      Attending the CIA, I have greatly increased my knowledge of bread baking; and I have barely scratched the surface of it. Below are some pictures of some of the different types of bread I've made here at school. Every three weeks we hold a Grand Buffet and all classes participate in producing for it. It is basically an event to show your fellow students what you have been learning in your class, to say the least.























                                                          Yes I'm a Bread Head.

No comments: