Expression.

We all have our ways. This is just one of mine.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Surprise!

   Today we held a surprise party for my parent's 25th anniversary. I couldn't mention any of the planning we've been doing in case they read my posts. I was asked to bake a cake for the party and after thinking about it, I decided to turn it down. But I offered to bake bread instead! I quickly started planning what and when I was going to make the bread and this is what I ended up with: Pugliese, francese with caramelized onions, foccacia with duck fat roasted onions and cheddar cheese, some epi, and a couple petit sourdough miches ( I stenciled their initals and a 25 on each one with ash). It was tricky hiding it from my parents when I brought the loaves home from school. I put them in a suit case and said it was just laundry haha.

   At the place where we held the party, I set up a small table and put all the loaves out in a small display.




  After my parents saw it I took it down, refreshed and sliced the bread for everyone to eat. I even brought some sea salt to be sprinkled on top of buttered slices. I was glad to hear that my bread was a hit! Only 1 loaf was left! I even received some orders! I was surprised when people were pulling me aside and requesting for a couple loaves for them.

   All in all I was proud of the party and glad my parents enjoyed themselves.


2 comments:

Joy Tilliridou said...

Those sound delicious!! I wish I would try some! I made a menu of all the things I bake (my best ones) and I am selling them so I can keep buying equipment and ingredients :) It's a good idea to take orders. Plus, it's customers for the future.
Good idea :)

Falco said...

Thank you so much Joy!
And I agree with you. I have to start off somewhere. I have looked at your menu beforeand it was great. I just wish I lived closer to be able to try your products...or even help you! haha

-Falco